Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Agnes b. Rose d'or Monoblush

Before this year I had never tried any Agnes b. makeup products. To be honest, I didn't even know such products were included in their line! I found a counter that sold their makeup when I was in New York this summer, however, and one of the products I decided to try out was their powder blush. The color I bought was Rose d'or.


In the pan, the color is a beautiful rose with gold shimmer layered throughout the product. Unfortunately, this doesn't translate to the cheeks. In the store, this swatched as a really pretty natural color with a hint of shimmer, but they must have done something to the lighting because when I tried it on my cheeks after I had bought it, it seemed like there was almost no color at all, just a ton of gold shimmer. It wasn't even fine shimmer; it looked chunky and glittery and I really didn't appreciate it. It was so unflattering, especially because it draws attention to the problem areas of my face (i.e. acne scarring, spots, dry patches). It has a light floral scent to it as well, which didn't bother me but I know there are some people out there who really hate scented makeup products.

I just can't honestly say that I recommend this product. I really wanted to love it because it looks so gorgeous in the pan, but this just doesn't look as nice when actually applied to the face. I've tried it so many different ways - as a highlighter, tapping off as much of the shimmer as I could...nothing helped. I wish it was as lovely as I'd thought it would be, it might've been almost like a lighter version of NARS Orgasm!

From the top!

The bottom - number and name of product

Have you tried any Agnes b. makeup products? What did you like/dislike about them?

2 comments: