Thursday, October 11, 2012

Face Off: MAC vs. Make Up For Ever Translucent Finishing Powders

There are so many products in the beauty industry that there are bound to be a few products that often get compared with one another. Because of that I wanted to start this Face Off series where I'll compare two (sometimes maybe more) products that are often dubbed as dupes for one another, so you guys can see how they're similar, how they're different, and which one I prefer.

For today's (and the first Face Off!) post I wanted to compare the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder with the Make Up For Ever Microfinish HD Powder.



Packaging wise, they're almost identical. Both come in loose form (though MAC recently launched a pressed version of theirs) and are extremely finely-milled white powders. In my opinion they both create a really flawless finish when applied over foundation though I do find that the MUFE one photographs better - as it should, considering the fact that the HD line of cosmetics is meant for photography. I don't find that one of them lasts longer than the other as they both leave my skin matte and extend the wear of my foundation. It seems almost impossible to get either one of these powders to leave your makeup feeling thick or cakey, which is something I love about both of them.

It should be noted however that while the MUFE powder is more expensive at $32USD, it also contains 0.35oz of product as compared to the MAC powder which only contains 0.28oz at $24USD. Besides that difference, I don't really see how one of these products is better than the other. That might be a bit of a lame conclusion but the truth is that I love both of these so much and would pick either one of them if I was forced to choose. I suppose, though, that the MUFE gets a little bit more of a bump since it photographs so beautifully while the MAC one can make me look a little ashy at times, depending on the lighting.

What do you think of this new series? Which products do you think I should feature in the next Face Off?

No comments:

Post a Comment