Saturday, October 13, 2012

NARS Ophelia Lip Gloss

I'm not usually a big lip gloss kind of girl, and when I do wear lip gloss I prefer creamy, non-sticky ones compared to those with high shimmer and frost. NARS has been, for quite some time, the most reliable brand for me in that respect. Before I tried their lip glosses I'd always heard rave reviews about them, so today I wanted to show you the first NARS lip gloss I ever bought for myself!


The NARS 'Ophelia' Lip Gloss is a very pretty medium pink color that goes on sheer. It has the teeniest bit of shimmer in it but on the lips it doesn't translate so much as shimmer as it does as a high gloss. It makes my lips a bit fuller as well, so I really like that! I love to wear this alone on days when I feel like my lips are too dry for lipstick because it matches the natural shade of my lips really well so it's one of those "my lips but better" shades for me. On top of lipsticks this seems almost clear but lends the slightest hint of warmth to the color. The NARS lip glosses are so perfect for me because they're such beautiful colors but they're completely non-sticky and sheer, which is exactly how I like my glosses to be. I will say that they have a bit of an odd smell and taste to them, kind of fake and plastic-y, but that's something I can deal with.


One of my favorite things about the NARS lip glosses is the packaging. I love the small doefoot applicator because it means that the lip gloss won't smear all over my mouth and look messy, and I absolutely adore the matte finish of the tube. It's semi-opaque so it looks classy but also allows you to see the color of the gloss inside and how much of it is left.

I actually happened to be wearing this on my lips today so I thought I'd snap a quick photo of it so that you guys can see how it looks on me!


This gloss is so gorgeous and classic, it may even be - dare I say it? - my favorite lip gloss of all time. Ophelia is one of three NARS lip glosses that I own and all three of them definitely make me want to pick up more in the future.

What do you think of this color? Which NARS lip gloss is your favorite?


Makeup in photo: 
Laura Mercier Brow Powder Duo 'Ash Brown'
MAC Brow Set
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil 'Zero'
MAC Eyeshadow 'Semi-Precious' (LE)
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow 'Bone'
Agnes b. Mascara Crescendo
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush 'Pink Frosting'
NARS Lip Gloss 'Ophelia'

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried NARS lipglosses just because they seem expensive- but this looks gorgeous on you! xo

    ReplyDelete